Next up in our Designer’s Choice series is Anna, our talented Design Assistant, who chose ottomans for their versatility and function.
Noe Valley is one of our favorite areas to work – the vibe tends to be a little more contemporary than other neighborhoods, with a subtle nod to mid-century design. Ottomans can complete the layout of a living room, provide function in an entry way, or be pulled out for extra seating during big gatherings. The perfect piece for a casual, family-friendly home in Noe Valley!
1. Stellarworks Brasilian Metal Stool. I love the curved wood frame and delicate base of this piece. It’s just the right balance of simplicity and interest.
2. Studio Van Den Akker Charles Ottoman – Available to the trade from De Sousa Hughes. The thick upholstered cushion gives this piece a strong presence and the exposed bolts are a handsome detail. It’s sophisticated design pairs well with a mid-century modern chair.
3. Dasha Small Ottoman from Zinc Door. I love the details on the base of the Dasha ottoman – elegant but not overly fancy. This would be perfect for taking off shoes or stashing your handbag in an entryway.
4. B&B Italia Stella Stool. This is a great non-upholstered option for families with young children (wipeable – yay!). I like the curvature of the seat and its simple, casual vibe. I could see a pair of these in front of a fireplace or used as seating in a tight kitchen nook.
5. Elana Bench from Bright Chair – Available to the trade. This ottoman can stand alone or sit side by side to be used as a bench – at the foot of your bed or in your living room.