Niche Interiors is a small residential interior design firm serving the San Francisco Bay Area. We help you create the comfortable and stylish home you have always wanted. Our personalized approach starts with discovering each client’s practical needs and style preferences. Using feedback from custom image books, we create the perfect mix of colors, textures, and fabrics that make a home uniquely yours. Niche Interiors consistently delivers livable spaces that are sophisticated, well-edited, and visually inspiring.
Niche Interiors specializes in:
• Full-service residential interior design
• Family-friendly home design
• Custom furniture design and order procurement
• Custom window covering design
• Sustainable design
Niche Interiors is committed to making as small an environmental footprint as possible. Jennifer is a Certified Green Building Professional with Build it Green and Lynn is a LEED Accredited Professional with the U.S. Green Building Council. We can help guide you in selecting furnishings that are healthy for your family and the environment.
- Interior Decoration
- We utilize our trained eye for color, composition, and scale to create a home that you love. Niche Interiors’ personalized image books help us discover our client’s style preferences at the start of a project, saving time and ensuring a successful outcome. The design scheme addresses the following: fabrics, furniture, window treatments, paint, rugs, artwork, lighting and accessories.
- Space Planning
- Are you stumped with how to arrange furniture or maximize your small space? This is where we come in. After taking measurements and evaluating your needs, several floor plan options are provided. You choose which plan best suits your lifestyle. Scale plans are then provided to the client and necessary contractors.
- Remodeling and Re-design of Current Spaces
- Want to start from scratch? We can help. From selecting tiles in your bathroom to choosing the perfect flooring in your kitchen, save time and money by doing it right the first time. Our professional, hands-on experience combined with the right contractors will allow you to sleep at night.
- Custom Furniture Design and Ordering
- Having trouble finding the perfect sofa? Custom upholstery provides endless options that can be made locally, right here in San Francisco. This alternative also allows us to source eco-friendly products that aren’t available at retail outlets.
- Access to the San Francisco Design Center
- The San Francisco Design Center offers an array of unique and interesting furnishings that are available to the trade only. We can help you navigate the showrooms, making the process simple, less overwhelming, and more fun! We pass on a percentage of our designer discount to clients.
- Color Consultation
- Choosing the right paint color can be extremely daunting for many people. We lend a professional eye to help you avoid unnecessary mistakes and achieve the look and feel you had envisioned. Three paint color options and purchasing information are provided for each room.
• Full-service interior design work is billed at an hourly rate.
• An estimate is provided by Niche Interiors once the scope of work is determined.
• A retainer is required to begin work, which is applied to the last invoice at the completion of a project.
• Invoices are e-mailed on a monthly basis.
• New projects require a 25 hour minimum.
Our initial consultation packet breaks down the design process into manageable steps, helping you better understand what to expect. Sample floor plans are provided to illustrate the design process and our communication style.
- The design process begins with discovering your needs. In the initial interview, your goals, budget and expectations will be discussed. Niche Interiors’ client survey form helps us discover the basics about your tastes, lifestyle, and the ideas you have for your home. A custom digital image book is then created for each project. Client feedback on visual images is an invaluable tool that helps us create the design concept.
- Schematic Design
- The client’s needs and personality, combined with the interior architecture of the space, provide insight to help us create a new overall look and feel. Multiple floor plan options, furniture and materials selections, and color palettes are presented to the client. A spreadsheet is also presented as a tool to compare options and track how selections will relate to the overall budget. All options are supplied to the client on a CD, avoiding paper waste and simplifying the review process.
- Design Development
- With your input and decisions, the design is finalized and implemented. Detailed drawings are provided by Niche Interiors to the architect, general contractor, or custom furniture fabricator as needed. Lead times for furnishings and custom pieces are determined, and a timeline is developed.
- We are almost there. Niche Interiors will coordinate delivery and installation. Your space is now ready to be enjoyed!