The holiday season is officially here! Do you have out of town guests coming to stay and a guest room that feels anything but welcoming? Never fear, just follow these 5 simple steps for a quick, stylish update!
1. Cozy, Textural Accent Pillows. Pile on the neutral pillows in soft, nubby textures to create warmth and coziness. We especially love the felted wool collection by San Francisco’s own Fog & Fury. Available at the De Sousa Hughes showroom in the San Francisco Design Center.
2. Statement Bedside Lamps! Soft, ambient lighting is key – especially in bedrooms. Lamps with sculptural bases add dimension, style and function to nightstands. Left: Carson lamp by Made Goods. Right: Raven lamp by Arteriors. Both available online or through the Witford showroom.
3. Simple Greenery in Glass Vases. Seasonal plant cuttings are a stylish and effortless take on a holiday arrangement. Bonus points for making your guest room smell lovely! Eucalyptus, spruce, or olive branches are great for a wintery atmosphere. For a similar look opt for these vases from Terrain.
4. Warm, Wool Throw Blankets. Throw blankets for the bed or armchair are a surefire way to increase the coziness factor. Choose one made of natural alpaca or mohair for added luxury. Above: Rosemary Hallgarten alpaca throw. Available to purchase through De Sousa Hughes.
5. Wintery, Scented Candle. And for a final touch, add candles! We love the Diptyque Figuier candle for fall and winter.